Why refinish or replace your wood floors when we can revive them?
Our professionals at ServiceMaster Clean know your hardwood floors can look new longer through our WoodGlo™ Cleaning System which provides a protective finish against everyday damage that can occur.
We use environmentally friendly, commercial grade products and equipment to create supreme durability and successfully eliminate dirt, dust, oil and other contaminants that can damage wood floors. Water-based finishes and sealers safeguard your wood flooring investment, offer faster dry times and have less harmful fumes than oil-based finishes thanks to their low volatile organic compounds (VOC) levels.
Which WoodGlo Solution is Right for You?
Both WoodGlo options safely, yet aggressively, remove dirt, debris, grease, hair, soil, dust, built-up residue and contaminants left behind from other cleaning products trapped in your floors. But the right solution for you depends on the level of protection you desire for your floors.
WoodGlo Level 1
· Brightens the appearance of your floors by adding a finishing coat using WoodGlo Renewer.
· Professional cleaning is recommended every 6 to 12 months to keep your wood floors looking their best, depending on traffic and severity of damage.
WoodGlo Level 2
· Restores a bright, glossy sheen to floors by adding a thicker finishing coat using StreetShoe®.
· Helps conceal cracks, scratches and pet stains in the floors.
· Produces enhanced protection from abuse and everyday wear and tear.
· Extends the life of the floors.
· Prolongs the need for professional cleaning up to 5x compared to Level 1, depending on traffic and severity of damage.
The benefits of our WoodGlo Cleaning System include:
- Unbeatable clean and shine
- Reduced wear on floor surfaces
- Dust-free burnishing
- Enhanced slip resistance
- Fast dry times
- Less yellowing
- Low odor
- Simplified maintenance
Letting us renew your hardwood floors’ appearance allows you to avoid the cost and dust involved with sanding and refinishing your floors. Results may vary depending on the condition of your hardwood floors. Heavily damaged wood floors may need sanding and refinishing.
*StreetShoe is a registered trademark of Betco Corporation, LTD.
What to expect with our service.
- Step 1: One of our trained technicians will come to your business to perform an inspection of your floors looking for scratches, discolorations, cracks, etc.
- Step 2: Based on your needs and expectations, the technician will recommend the proper way to restore your floors, whether or not it’s a service we provide.
- Step 3: Our next step is to fully explain your service options to you. Our technician will provide you with a detailed explanation of WoodGlo Level 1 and Level 2.
- Step 4: Once you select your option, we then scrub your floors with the automatic wood floor scrubber and proprietary cleaning solutions.
- Step 5: If you selected WoodGlo Level 1, we apply a coating using WoodGlo Renewer to reseal your floors. If you selected WoodGlo Level 2, we apply a bonding coat then a thicker, more durable coating, StreetShoe, to reseal your floors and provide superior protection.
- Step 6: Finally, our technician will re-inspect the floors with you to ensure you are satisfied.
Already scheduled your service?
If you’ve already scheduled your hardwood floor cleaning appointment, here are some instructions about how to prepare prior to your service and what to do after your service.
- Remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the breakroom, lobby, conference room and other areas we will be cleaning.
- Pick up items from the floor such as rugs, plants, trash containers, recycle bins, file cabinets, chairs, etc.
- Vacuum or dust mop all debris on hardwood floors prior to your cleaning.
- Allow drying time of at least one to two hours before walking on it.
- Protect floors from getting wet for 24 hours after application.
- Return furniture to your floors (with suggested use of felt pads) after 24 hours.
- Return rugs to floors after 24 hours.
TIPS: We can help you maintain and care for hardwood floors.
Wood floors, once rarely found in offices and commercial settings, have made a big comeback in recent years. Their natural beauty and the practicality of new finishes have made wood an easy choice for many businesses.
Care and maintenance of wood floors is surprisingly easy today if you understand what steps to take and which products to use. Here are some tips for commercial hardwood floor care:
- Use doormats at all exterior entrances and exits to trap sand and grit before it gets into the building and scratches the floor. Ground-in dirt is what makes floors look dirty and dull and can also create small scratches and flaws in the finish.
- Use area rugs on high traffic pathways, particularly in pivot areas like the ends of steps and doorways. Avoid using rugs that have rubber backs as this does not allow for proper ventilation.
- Standing water can damage wood floors. Be sure to clean up spills immediately.
- A quick dry mopping or vacuuming—anywhere from daily to weekly depending on traffic—will help maintain your floors. Have the maintenance staff vacuum the wood floors based on the traffic level in your facility.
- Utilize furniture protectors under furniture that will be moved regularly, like office chairs and breakroom furniture. Furniture can scratch and dent wood flooring.
- Do not wet mop your wood floor; it can harm the finish. Never use wax, oil soap or other household cleaners on your wood floor. They can dull the finish and make refinishing more difficult. We suggest using our WoodGlo Neutral Cleaner on a weekly basis as needed with a microfiber flatmop. Contact your local ServiceMaster Clean professional for more information on this product.
- Maintain a consistent humidity level. Humidity can cause wood floors to swell, crack, shrink or create gaps.
- Check for wear periodically and do not wait until wood floors show extreme wear and tear before you take action. Call us to give your wood floors the cleaning and protection they need to avoid having them fully sanded and refinished, which is an expensive and time-consuming process.
How do I know which WoodGlo option is best for me?
· Both WoodGlo options safely, yet aggressively, remove dirt, debris, grease, hair, soil, dust, built-up residue and contaminants left behind from other cleaning products trapped in your floors. But the right solution for you depends on the level of protection you desire for your floors. Level 1 provides basic professional cleaning while Level 2 offers a more intensive cleaning process with a glossier sheen and longer-lasting protection.
Is professional hardwood floor cleaning expensive?
· Professional hardwood floor cleaning is a fraction of the price compared to getting your hardwood floors sanded and refinished. Letting us refurbish your floors allows you to bypass contacting a contractor to re-sand your floors, which may be more expensive. Call today to get an estimate from one of our professionals.
How long does it take to get the hardwood floors at my business professionally cleaned?
· Typically, it should not take more than a few hours depending on the size of the area to be cleaned. It’s best to allow 24 hours for drying to allow the floor to cure properly.
Will a professional hardwood floor cleaning be disruptive to my business?
· No matter which option you choose, we can perform service after hours and your floors will be ready for use and walk-on traffic within a matter of a few hours. Your trained technician can tell you the cure times you will need based on the service option you choose.
Will hardwood floors turn yellow?
· Hardwood floors that are coated with ServiceMaster water-based finishes will retain a clean, non-yellowing appearance.
Can I use household cleaning products on my hardwood floors?
- Never use wax, oil soap or other household cleaners on your hardwood floor. They can dull the finish and make refinishing more difficult. We suggest using our WoodGlo Neutral Cleaner on a weekly basis as needed with a microfiber flatmop. For more information about this product, ask your local ServiceMaster Clean professional.
How often do I need to get my hardwood floors professionally cleaned?
· The frequency for getting your hardwood floors professionally cleaned depends on which WoodGlo option you choose. To keep your floors in good condition, we recommend they be cleaned and refreshed every 6-12 months if choosing WoodGlo Level 1 and 3-5 years if choosing WoodGlo Level 2, depending on traffic and severity of damage.
When will I be able to walk on my floors after a hardwood floor cleaning?
· Allow drying time of at least one to two hours before walking on it. It’s best to allow 24 hours for drying to allow the floor to cure properly.
Will there be an odor?
· You may notice a faint scent. The amount of time it takes for the odor to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat and humidity. An advantage of using our water-based finishes is they have less harmful fumes than oil-based finishes thanks to their low volatile organic compounds (VOC) levels.
Will the professional hardwood floor cleaning generate dust?
· No, our recoating process is dustless, which keeps your business cleaner.
I think my hardwood floors may need to be refinished but I’m worried about the price. What should I do?
· Call ServiceMaster Clean and one of our trained professionals will come to your business to inspect your floors. He/she will recommend the best way to restore your floors. We offer an intensive cleaning process that doesn’t require sanding. And this process is a fraction of the price compared to getting your wood floors sanded and refinished.
A fire almost destroyed my hardwood floors? What should I do?
· Leave the challenge to us. In many instances, getting them cleaned by a professional can help restore the natural beauty of your wood floors.
What do I do if major amounts of water, flood related or not, has come into contact with my hardwood floor?
· Don’t rip up the flooring because you think all hope is lost. Instead, call your ServiceMaster Clean professionals. In some instances, getting your wood floors professionally cleaned will bring your wood floors back to life and help restore your peace of mind.
Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
- Yes, we ask that you remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the breakroom, lobby, conference room and other areas we will be cleaning. Pick up items from the floor such as rugs, plants, trash containers, recycle bins, file cabinets, chairs, etc. Vacuum or dust mop all debris on hardwood floors prior to your cleaning. If items are too large to move, consult with your technician.
Do I have to move furniture?
· Yes. We do not remove heavy items such as file cabinets, conference room tables, book cases, lobby furniture, and large pieces of furniture. We recommend that you have any such items moved prior to your appointment date. If items are too large to move, consult with your technician.
Are there instructions to follow after my hardwood floors are cleaned?
· It’s best to allow drying time of at least one to two hours. Be cautious and protect floors from getting wet for 24 hours after application of either finish as it is not thoroughly cured yet. You can return furniture to your floors (with suggested use of felt pads) after 24 hours and return rugs to floors after 24 hours.
RECOMMENDED CLEANING SCHEDULE
The frequency for getting your hardwood floors professionally cleaned depends on which WoodGlo level was used. To keep your floors in good condition, we recommend they be cleaned and refreshed every 6-12 months using WoodGlo Level 1 and 3-5 years using WoodGlo Level 2, depending on traffic and severity of damage. An easy way to remember when it’s time for your professional hardwood floor cleaning is to plan around your spring cleaning schedule or when you’re preparing to host holiday festivities at your business.
REQUEST AN ESTIMATE
ServiceMaster Clean services provided by independently owned and operated franchises and may vary depending on location.
©2014 ServiceMaster Residential/Commercial Services L.P. All rights reserved.